Friday, February 8, 2008

Writers strike is over and I am back to blogging

I know that this is odd, but when the writers strike was going on I felt a little odd blogging. I am a big supporter for shows that have writers. I don't care what anyone says, a well written sitcom beats a reality show any day. I do have to admit that I do have a couple of favorites that I watch when I remember to turn on my tv. I love that show where the people have to complete the song lyrics and I also enjoy the lie detector show. But I really do miss The Office and Ugly Betty. I just have to know what happens with Micheal Scott and Jan!! I just have to!!!!

So what have I been doing while not blogging, thinking about blogging or watching Thursday night television? Well strangely enough work has taken up a lot of time. I got my wisdom teeth removed, I've had the flu and a mystery illness. I've been reading. Today I started reading "Choke" and I am really excited about it. I have also watched a ridiculous number of movies. And I lost 3 hand-made hats. Other than that the internet has become my friend.

I am officially a Yelper. At some point between November and January I decided that I needed to view reviews on Yelp before I left the house. Then after awhile I realized that on Yelp my opinion matters just as much as anyone else's (or as little as any other Yelper?). So I made a couple of reviews and I have actually received feedback. In addition to Yelp I have been introduced to the best The Office (US) fan site ever. I don't know who created this site, but DunderMifflin.com is just great.

So this is a really lame entry. I think that I might be out of practice... anyway. I went to the Rocket Room this week. There were three performers but I could only find the website of two. Phonofly and Weather Pending. The other group is called Silk Trade (one of the guy used to work at the same place that I do.. but he upgraded to the happiest company on earth...). I will have to make an addition if I ever do find it.

1 comment:

Alex Kalkstein said...

NICOLE!!!!

Don't be shocked but I'm actually reading your blog. In fact I'm adding it to my favorites as we speak. Who knows I may even go on the Dunder Mifflin website. I realize, though, that I won't get to see the office. It's super delayed here, they just started showing Season 1, NBC blocks non-US IPs and it's not even for sale on iTunes...I'm sure I'll find some *legal* way around this.

Rock on with the blogging and I'll get more into the commentary.

Much love,

Alex