Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Britney Spears is Riding on the Dr. Who Sexy Train


Yesterday I was watching Entertainment tonight. They mentioned that Britney Spears has a new music video. This one actually looks pretty darn good. I don't know if Britney Spears had to sell her soul to the devil or what. But it looks like as long as she stays out of trouble and remembers to wear panties while wearing skirts she might actually have a successful comeback. It was classic Britney: sweaty, dirty, lots of booty shaking and a classic dance orgy a la "I'm a Slave for You." Oh, sometimes my optimism even surprises me!

Anyway, while I YouTub'd the darn thing I realized that the actual music was strangely familiar. I couldn't place it until I started watching on of the local PBS stations and htey had a preview for this weeks episode of Dr. Who. Huzzah! That's it. Whoever produced Britney Spears' "Womanizer" sampled the Dr. Who theme song.

Some of you out there might not know what or who Dr Who is. Well, the answer to the "what" is "Dr. Who" is made simple. Wikipedia has all of the information needed on that one. And if I know my Dr. Who fans this may be the most accurate page on the whole site. "Dr Who" British SciFi television show that first aired in 1963. It is still running and has had a total of 10 (as far as I can tell) actors play the good doctor (Tom Baker was the most adorable due to the fact that for some reason he was giving a horrifyingly long scarf). There have been countless assistants. Many of them were virtually useless. But it seems that now they actually serve a purpose.

Who is Dr. Who is very geektastic. I recommend that you just view the Wiki artical. There you will find way more information and links than I am willing to type without making myself seem more dorky than I already am. They will also have a sample of the soundtrack. I am sure that if you go to the official BBC site you can hear it there as well.

So, my question is does Britney know that she is girating to a theme song for a SciFi show with a huge cult following? Well... I think that first it would help if she even knew how to drive to her own house... You know, baby steps Britney. (Ha! there goes that good old cynism!!)

No comments: