Friday, May 28, 2010

Finally Spring is in the Air

Well, I got my boot off and the weather became nice enough for me to wear my flip flops. After having the boot for so long I am ready to go out and do things. Last weekend I actually put air in the tires of my bicycle and I took a little ride around the neighborhood. This weekend I wanted to go camping. But as some one pointed out to me, EVERYONE will be camping this weekend because it is a three day weekend. Ah well. With all of the great parks around I will hopefully go for a hike. For some reason I have a real urge to be in nature.

On the knitting front I have not been very good with completing projects. I am still working on the Alice Top, and I am also still working on the Hanami Stole (which I am failing at). But! I really wanted to make a baby gift for my very pregnant co-worker. After days of searching for baby hats and booties and jackets and all that cute baby stuff I got realistic: I only had a week to knit a present! So I decided to stick with hats . I made the two pretty little caps listed below. I got the patterns from the Chronicle Books "Hats Mittens and Scarves". I have owned this box of patterns for a number of years an I don't think that I ever made anything form it. My co-worker is having a girl but I didn't want to make anything that was super pink. She really liked the aviator cap because of its ears. These two bad boys used less than a skein of yarn. Woot Woot. If I had a little more time (or if I was more skilled) I would have made matching booties or socks. Awe well. Next time I know someone is having a baby I will do more planning ahead.
baby hats!
I hope to distract myself with yet another knitting project. Because the Alice top is so slow for me to work with I felt that it was alright to work on something that should be a little easier.I did some searching and mistakenly downloaded a couple of sweaters that looked like they should be of the top-down variety but were really done in pieces. Then I found this snazy number called Rusted Root. It's pretty and has a little bit of lace but it shouldn't make me want to tare my eyes out and bite my fingers off.

I got off of the horse when it came to GRE studying. My plan to take it in June will not happen. I guess maybe I should say that I will take it in September. What I should do is just schedule the test so that I have no choice but to take it. Wish me luck I guess.

No comments: