Sunday, May 30, 2010

NATURE

This weekend I went on my first post-boot trip. I took a day trip to lovely Point Reyes . The weather was good and I was in great company. Although
Point Reyes is beautiful they do give you warnings about the landscape. I know that the great part about nature is that its wild and free. But it still doesn't make you feel very good to know that you are running the possibility of falling do your death while you are trying to take a break from the city life. Well, I guess that it is a good thing that they warn you about the what may happen if you don't pay attention.

My favorite part of the 5.whatwever hike is that I was able to do some camera hunting. there w as tons of bunnies and quail everywhere. It was really fun trying to take a good picture of the fuzzy brown bunnies and plump little birds. The funny part about quail (aside from the fact that they eat stones) is that they will run for a longer distance than they fly. So in the end it was a lot easier to get a picture of one of the birds than it is to take pictures of rabbits. Rabbits are tricky because they will run down their rabbit hole even if you breath too hard in their direction.

Yes, you read correctly, I went on a hike that was about 5 miles long. It was a feat that I am pretty proud of. I know that 5 miles is not really that long of a hike, but for someone who fractured a toe and had to wear a boot for a month and a half any pain free distance is something to take joy in.

Oh! I would like to finally visit more National and State parks in Northern California. If anyone has any ideas of where I should go let me know!

No comments: