Monday, May 19, 2008

How much can I actually say?


Alright, I did it. I kept my appointment.

Battled public transportation during the Bay to Breakers and yes, I even wore disposable undies. The only picture that I can show you is this blurry one that I took in the bathroom. So I arived nearly an hour before my appointment to that I could apply the topical numbing cream. The woman told me that it was a good idea since it was my first time. So she haned me a small container with the cream and a tiny plastic baggy. The bag had the undies. I was informed that I should take about three minutes to rub in the cream wherever I had hair. This should have given me a warning about how much the my wax lady would take off before I could get a chance to stop her. After I throughly washed my hands and threw my civilian undies in my purse I headed to the waiting room. It was nicely painted and quiet. They had muffens and juice just sitting out for anyone to eat. It was great! So I waited and read and took two advil as suggested by other bloggers.

The lady who did my wax (or should I say the lady who waxed me?) was very nice. I think that her name was Katie. I let her know that it was my first time and that I had no idea what was supposed to happen. She talked me through every step. I pretty much just wanted to not think about what she was doing and drown out the sound of her removing the wax strips.... that was hard to do. It was funny because the first thing she asked me was "so why did you decide to try bikini waxing?" It seemed to official.

Today I am okay. It was more shocking than painful (thank goodness for the numbing cream!!!!). After reading a tone of bad reviews were ladies said that they couldn't walk after getting a bikini I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to walk. But I am fine. No pain or soreness. So all in all it went well. Will I get addicted as Katie warned me? I don't know about that.

No comments: