Saturday, March 28, 2009

Knitting Up-to-date



Alright. In the past couple of months I have been doing a lot of
knitting. i havn't really mentioned it simply because there would be a
lot of posts about the progress of work that never seems to get done.
Well I did finish one project so I guess that it is fine to post now.
Espcially since I have pictures.

First I have to say that I have finally finished my whimple, aka neck warmer . So the
pattern for the Never Wimpy Whimple did not say that it might take you
four months to complete. I can honestly say that I did not work on this
project as studiously has I should have. There were other things that
came up. Like a pair of mittens, a couple of hats, and a sock (no, not
a pair but a
sock) and a graduate school application. So when I finally finished it
I could not be happier. I think that it fits just like it is supposed
to. I don't know if I will ever want to do another lace project but I
guess that I can try. Next time I am going to do open work rather than
closed. I am currently shopping around for a nice rectangular shawl. We
will see when that actually pans out into anything of substance. So far
Ravelry's free pattern look up is my friend.


This
is the start of my new sweater. Pretty right? unfortunately I lost this
one (and the whole project bag) when I was in the airport. So I had to
get all new gear this weekend. It is sad but I will hopefully finish it
by this summer and I wont even care at that point.... right?

Whooo
hooo! I finished my Whimple, aka cowl. It took me a couple of months to
finish the damned thing. But I have to say that it is pretty
impressive. You can't tell by the picture but it is all made using thin
lace yarn.

                                      
IMG_0116[1]

This is part of my first sock. I did it toe up which seemed to be way more productive than cuff down. I don't care what anyone says but I now and forever will have my a toe up sock knitter.


Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: