Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tempura

So it has been a while since I last made a post. Things have been a little on the stressed and busy side lately. I meant to make a couple of posts but never seemed to come around to it. One thing that I have tried to do was cook. Aside from not blogging I also stopped cooking. I mean, as much as I enjoy fajitas I know that you can only eat so many. One day I decided that I really wanted to have my favorite dish of tempura and cold soba noodles. This is real compfort food for me. But I didn't want to go to my one of my favorite resturants to pick some up. So i decided to make my own. So I got to take a trip over to the Richmond New May Wah super market. It took a while to find everything that I needed but I got it all. The key ingrediant for me was to find the soup base to dip my noodles in. This stuff is like edible magic in a bottle. I also picked up some shrimp and veggies. 


It was re ally nice to finally make something by hand. Nice fresh beggies are allways good. Look at them sitting there just ready to be deep fried. 
The shrimp was the first to go in, It was my fist time so I am pretty sure that I didn't have the oil hot enough. Everything eventually cooked, but it did take a little longer than I think that it should have.  

The thing that I like most about this dish is the colors. You might not be able to tell in this shot is that there is a combination of greens, orange and white. Although most of this is fried it still gives off a nice light appearance. I think that it is a good spring dish... well I think that it is a good anytime dish really.  

No comments: